Soon, as the weather warms up, figs will become cheap and plentiful. When they do, this is one of my favourite ways to eat them. The flavour combination is just superb.
You can make this salad with a few different varieties of cheese, try it with bocconcini, blue cheese, goats cheese or Persian feta – all are equally delicious. Just keep the cheese to a minimum so that you get a hit of it. The precious fig is the star of this dish.
3 fresh luscious figs
6 pieces of thinly sliced prosciutto
Rocket or baby spinach
A small amount of blue cheese, bocconcini, goats cheese or Persian feta
Fresh dill sprigs
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Place the rocket over the base of a serving platter
2. Cut the figs in quarters and arrange over the rocket
3. Crumble the cheese in largish size pieces over the salad
4. Top with slices of prosciutto (ripped into large shreds)
7. Sprinkle over the dill sprigs and a few drops of Balsamic vinegar