Besides being a winter favourite, fruit crumble is one of the easiest desserts you can whip up at a moments notice. You can use all kinds of fruit but two of the most popular choices would be apple or rhubarb when it is in season.
Firstly you need to stew your fruit. I’ve already blogged before about how to stew the perfect rhubarb. You could also include a chopped apple when stewing the rhubarb to increase the texture and flavour.
1 tblspn brown sugar
1 tblspn desiccated coconut
1 tblspn flaked almonds
1 tblspn butter
2 tsp pure maple syrup
**Topping mix quantity is for 1-2 persons, depending on how thick you like it.
1. Rub all the ingredients together with your fingertips to mix through.
2. Place the stewed fruit into oven proof ramekins. Scatter over some frozen berries (if using.
3. Crumble the topping over the fruit.
4. Bake at 180C for about 20mins until fruit is bubbling and topping is golden brown.
5. Serve with whipped cream or ice-cream.
6. Enjoy on a cold winter night.