Corn fritters for breakfast with bacon and tomato relish are popular choice on menus when dining out for breakfast. But making them at home couldn’t quicker or simpler!
I thought I’d combine with zucchini and make my own gluten free version. You can could also have these as a light lunch with a green salad and avocado.
I’ve served mine with herb yoghurt but for your own cafe experience, you could serve with BLTA ie Bacon, Lettuce (rocket) Tomato relish or roasted tomatoes and Avocado.
¼ cup plain flour (I use White Wings GF flour)
1 tsp baking powder (GF)
Grated rind from half a lemon
1 zucchini, grated
1 cob of corn, kernels removed
1 tblspn finely chopped mint
1 tblspn cream
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cube of marinated Meredith goats cheese (alternatively use feta cheese 2cm sq)
Oil for frying (I used Rice Bran)
2 tblspn Greek style yoghurt
1 splash olive oil
1 pinch of sea salt
1 tblspn fresh herbs (dill, coriander, or mint)
1. Combine all the ingredients into a bowl.
2. Drop tablespoons into hot oil in a fry pan and cook until golden brown.
3. Remove from pan when cooked and drain on absorbent paper.
4. Keep fritters warm in the oven whilst you cook all the fritters.
5. Mix 1/2 cup of yoghurt with a sprinkle of sea salt and a slurp of olive oil and chopped dill (or mint, coriander or basil).
6. Serve fritters with herb yoghurt on the side.